I talk a lot with clients about the importance of celebrating our wins, both big and small.
Not only does it feel good, but it also gives us momentum. And when it comes to pursuing big dreams, we need all the momentum we can get.
So I’m practicing what I preach today. Here are some things I’m celebrating and looking forward to.
- I was recently featured in Columbus CEO magazine to mark the launch of my book, Heart Boss. Read more about my journey to becoming a coach, the importance of setting boundaries with work and why women don’t get promoted here.
- I loved sitting down with Jason Barger for his podcast, The Thermostat. We covered two of my favorite topics: shedding your shoulds and trusting your gut. You can listen to our conversation here.
- I’m doing a book signing at Gramercy Books in Bexley on Saturday, June 5, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. I hope you’ll stop by, grab a copy and say “hello!” More info here.
- I’m thrilled to be partnering with Dr. Melissa Crum—artist, author, researcher, and founder of Mosaic Education Network, LLC—for her August book club. We’ll meet each Monday throughout the month to discuss Heather McGee’s The Sum of Us: What Racism Costs Everyone and How We Can Prosper Together. You can learn more and register for free here.
- Last year, I participated in the Renegade Accelerator, an eight-week virtual training for women in business, and have since become a mentor. If you want to level-up your career or business and create a professional community with AMAZING women across the globe, I highly recommend it. The next class kicks off in June. Learn more here.
- I love hearing from readers about how Heart Boss is inspiring them. One woman told me she quit a board role that was weighing her down. Another went on a solo trip. And one reader said the book moved her to call her dad and say, “I love you.” That’s powerful stuff.
- Finally, I have a new superpower: I recently learned how to make flaky buttermilk biscuits, thanks to a virtual cooking class I took with Sarah Beth Tanner. You won’t regret booking yours, or gifting it to mom for Mother’s Day, here.
That’s all for now. Tell me—what’s one win you’re celebrating today?